Monday, February 24, 2014

Athlete Profile: I-Pod

Considered a bit of a long-shot but also considered one of Shaun Whites biggest competitor, Iouri Podladtchikov, I-Pod, dethroned the 2 time gold medalist, Shaun White, at the 2014 Sochi games.  While I-Pod was helped by 2 uncharacteristically sloppy runs from the 2 time champ, I-Pod put his stamp on the Olympic's and his gold medal run with his signature YOLO flip. While Shaun White followed with his own version of the YOLO flip, Shaun Whites rendition was not as big in volume nor clean in execution as I-Pod. But I-Pod is a Shaun White fan and seemed more honored to beat the defending champ more than anything. I-Pod is of Russian decent but changed the country he was competing for 3 years ago to Switzerland.


"TODAY Sochi." TODAY. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Feb. 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment